Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Baby Parker Is Here!

Parker Benjamin Taylor arrived Tuesday, May 22, at 3:04 in the afternoon. He was the perfect size -- 7 lbs. 7 oz. and 21 inches long. (Jack and Carson were both 21 inches long, but pushing 9 lbs!) Labor wasn't too bad. I went in for the induction that morning at 8 a.m., watched a good movie, then had a baby! I LOVED my hospital stay and ordered lots of delicious room service, watched movies, read books, and held Parker.



The boys love having a new brother. Cameron calls him Baby Pie-keh. Cousin George (somewhat mocking Cam) told Lindsay he wanted to visit Baby "Pie-keh." Cameron said in his angry high-pitched voice, "No Goige, it's 'Piekah,' not 'Piekah.'" (Sadly, my children aren't quite as articulate as the Hickman boys.)


He is so sweet and peaceful, everybody loves him! Jack cannot hold him enough, and makes sure that he gets the longest turns. I feel great and am so grateful to have this wonderful, new little boy. (The fact that I'm no longer pregnant makes me soooooo happy as well!!!)



6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations!!! So happy for you and your sweet family! You're boys are all beautiful! I hope you are doing well and able to recover quickly.

t.t.turner said...

He is so perfect. I'm glad you got in some movies. How fun to take Parker home to a new house and those cute boys!

The Hickmans do have better diction, I have to say. Maybe Kathy could start tutoring Cameron in French?

Michelle Elise said...

I think it is so cool that you have five sons! Way to go! Cutest little guys ever.

Melanie said...

Congratulations, Melinda! What a darling boy! Just as cute as the other four. Your home is beautiful and looks like everything is going just great for all of you. Miss you and your family!

Kristen said...

So cute! Congratulations! Love those Taylor boys.

Chuck & Sue said...

Congrats!! He is too cute!! Can't wait to meet him!!! Ps. Your home is so gorgeous!!!